Re: additional info: dialup Access: attribute description contains inappropriate characters

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:20 PM -0700 Spenser Clark
> <spenser@bnet.org> wrote:
>
> > I have set up LDAP (v 1.9) and FreeRADIUS(v 1.148.2.3), I have set(in the
> > FreeRADIUS config):
>
> What is LDAP v1.9?  That doesn't sound like OpenLDAP to me... or if it is,
> that must be one heck of an ancient version, since the current release is
> 2.2.14.

I gave the wrong version numbers, my apologies. These are the correct
version numbers:

FreeRADIUS-0.9.3-r1
OpenLDAP-2.1.26

and this is all on Gentoo Linux, v. 6.15.4 if that helps.

> >From your errors, I'd hazard a guess that you haven't created a schema that
> defines the attribute "dialupAccess".

Yes, the schema was missing, thank you. Here are the results:

BEFORE adding:
        include         /etc/openldap/schema/RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema
to /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

adding new entry "cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
        additional info: dialupAccess: attribute type undefined
---------------
AFTER adding:
        include         /etc/openldap/schema/RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema
to /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

adding new entry "cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=Veronica Cooper,ou=dialup,dc=bnet,dc=org
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: attribute 'dialupAccess' not allowed

Thanks,
-Spenser Clark
BeachNet Manager
c/o 2006