Re: schema error

--On Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:18 PM +0200 Cristian Del Carlo <cristian.delcarlo@osratoscana.it> wrote:

i have add in my ldap schema configuration the following line:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/qmailuser.schema

But when i start ldap server i have the following error:
/etc/openldap/schema/qmailuser.schema: line 82: AttributeType
inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch"

The attribute that have the error is the following :
attributetype ( NAME 'mailReplyText'
        DESC 'A reply text for every incoming message'
        SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
        SYNTAX{4096} SINGLE-VALUE )

I use openldap2 2.2.6.
Any idea what should change in the schema to avoid the failed in startup?

Yes, the SUBSTR matching type. I suggest looking over a few other schema files for the caseIgnore bit.

you want this:

And you really should upgrade your version of OpenLDAP.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services
Stanford University