Re: wierd problem when setting up replica server

--On Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:02 PM -0400 "Castelhano, Dan" <Dan.Castelhano@OSIP.com> wrote:

Hi all,

My "master" ldap server is configured with an LDBM database and is
running on a redhat advanced server 3.0 platform...ldap version 2.0.27-11
(redhat rpm)

OpenLDAP 2.0 is deprecated and not an active version of OpenLDAP to pursue. You should seriously consider upgrading.

I'm trying to setup two "slave" ldap servers. Pretty much the same config in slapd.conf as the master server, but with the necessary changes such as updatedn and updateref.

One slave server is running redhat advanced server 3.0 (same ldap version
as master). db files were copied over from the master server and this
works correctly.

I do the same thing on the 2nd slave server which is running redhat
advanced server 2.1 this time (ldap version 2.0.27-4.7) and it doesn't
work. When I try to browse the directory with "ldap browser", I get a
list failed error...ldapsearch also fails.

I tried setting up slave ldap servers on a few other AS3.0 and AS2.1
servers I have...the AS3 servers always work...the AS2.1 don't.

I can't figure out what's different with AS2.1...besides a really minor
version number difference. Anyone else have any ideas?

Different versions of BDB, I believe. AS 2.1 has an older BDB version than AS 3.0.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer