openldap up; can't db_stat

Title: Message
Hello everyone,

My slapd is up and responsive (and accurate).  But running db_stat gives me the following error:

db_stat: fatal region error detected; run recovery
db_stat: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

And running db_recover (with slapd stoppped) gives me the following error:

db_recover: unable to join the environment
db_recover: Ignoring log file: log.0000000001: unsupported log version 8
db_recover: Invalid log file: log.0000000001: Invalid argument
db_recover: PANIC: Invalid argument
db_recover: PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
db_recover: fatal region error detected; run recovery
db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

What can be causing this?

Here is my DB_CONFIG:

set_cachesize 2 0 1
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152
slapd.conf has:
shm_key         8
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data
checkpoint 1024 5
cachesize 200000
/etc/sysctl.conf has:
# Set max shared memory to 2.5 GB