Re: >= (greater or equal) and <= (lower or equal) operators in search filter

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:05:27AM +0100, Greg Matthews wrote:
> Is there no call for this sort of matching in filters then? Doesnt
> anyone need to:
>
> ldapsearch -x "(uidnumber>=1000)"

I need to, but I can't. The RFC2307 schema misses that, and my questions about
why remain unanswered in the nss_ldap mailing list.
What I'm doing for now is listing all uidnumbers and parsing the output with
a shell script (!).

> Is it considered breaking standard schema to add ORDERING rules into
> them?

I would love to and I'm about to throw in the towel and "break" this standard
schema by adding this (and other) rules. A broken or difficult standard is of
no use.