Re: Inconsistant results with meta backend,

Essentially, (at least) one of the targets is returning that error, while
others are returning entries.  My guess is that the back-meta is trying to
speculate, in presence of an error and results, what's better to return,
and does both.  Usually, no such object is something bad, e.g. you
searched witha a nonexistent base.  If you search with scope "base", then
back-meta must be able to detect what target must serve that search;
something similar if yous earch with scope "one"; if you search with scope
"subtree", the base should be legal for all the targets.  If you search
with a legal base, the worst you can get is an empty result set.

I note that you're showing only one target.  Unless you intentionally
stripped the rest of your configuration, if all you need is naming context
rewrite for a single proxy, then use back-ldap and the suffixmassage
directive.  This will save you a lot of headaches.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it