Re: question

Carlo Truijllo ha scritto:
Hi folks
I wonder how openldap is faster in read than in write, in other word ... I know that there is a fast protocol below ( faster than old X.500) but I wonder what kind of process or algorithm is based?
it is only due to the speed of backend ?
and... with a backend like SQL how can it be faster than a simple RDBMS ?
How it is organized in poor words ?

Just think about ldap's indexes . If you use several index, when you add an entry you need to update all the indexes, but when you read something you can just select the best index and extract the data from it.

This is why reading is faster then writing.

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.