Sun One DS vs OpenLDAP

Hi everyone,

Has anyone looked into setting up an environment with OpenLDAP and Sun One
DS? What I am particularly interested in is replicating from a Sun One
master to OpenLDAP (slave) servers.

In fact I have my own implementation of a server, receiving updates from the
OpenLDAP master. So, is it feasible (with minimum software changes on the
receiving side) to migrate to Sun One DS as a master (alright, it's probably
a sensitive subject for the mailing list, my apologies for that)?

Any hints are appreciated.

Regards,
Katja.