Re: LDAPsync replication problem

--On Monday, July 05, 2004 4:12 PM +0530 Nishant Sharma <nishant@deeproot.co.in> wrote:

Hello all!

I'm using openldap 2.2.13. I want to setup a slave replica using LDAPsync.
When I try to start the slapd I get the following error:

# slapd -d2
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 37: unknown directive "syncrepl" in ldbm
database definition (ignored)
slapd starting

I would guess that syncrepl is not supported for LDBM.

I'll note that there are a large number of reasons you shouldn't use LDBM as your backend. If you search the archives, there's some good explanations available. I would suggest investigating using BDB as your backend.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer