Re: Retrieving more results after LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED

--On Friday, July 02, 2004 2:09 PM -0700 "Jiang, David" <David_Jiang@inter-tel.com> wrote:

Hi,

We are trying to optimize the performance of our slapd server and client.
During the course of profiling, we noticed that changing the sizelimit
parameter in the slapd.conf file increases the performance considerably
on the server. However, this results in receiving an error code of
LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED when a query returns more results than the
sizelimit. Is it possible to retrieve more results after receiving an
LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED? We have yet to find sample code that does this.
Or would it be better to keep a higher sizelimit parameter in the
slapd.conf file but specify a sizelimit of 1 as a parameter to
ldap_search_s when it is known that only 1 entry should be returned?
Thanks,

What version of OpenLDAP are you using?

sizelimit in slapd.conf should have no bearing on server performance.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html