[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: slapd and high system load
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: slapd and high system load
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:13:46 -0700
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <40E2FCDF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <40D07B0B.email@example.com> <40E1B46C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <40E2E2CB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <8AB4393E94D8511C9F9FA72E@cadabra-dsl.stanford.edu> <40E2FCDF.email@example.com>
--On Wednesday, June 30, 2004 1:48 PM -0400 Scott Walker
I ran at loglevel 256 for awhile during this week, all
queries were for billingNumber, uid, uidNumber and gidNumber.
Which I believe are all indexed properly:
index billingNumber pres,sub,eq
index uid pres,sub,eq
index uidNumber pres,eq
index gidNumber pres,eq
index cn pres,sub,eq
index sn pres,sub,eq
index objectClass pres,eq
I guess the system is just really busy...
That might be possible, but I'd like to note that our LDAP servers doing
mail queries run at a load of 0.24, even though they are each receiving
several hundred thousand queries a day (always several open a second).
What version of OpenLDAP are you using?
Also, please don't email me directly -- Keep it on the list.
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html