Re: slapd and high system load

--On Wednesday, June 30, 2004 1:48 PM -0400 Scott Walker <scott.walker@magma.ca> wrote:

Thanks Quanah,
I ran at loglevel 256 for awhile during this week, all
queries were for billingNumber, uid, uidNumber and gidNumber.
Which I believe are all indexed properly:

index   billingNumber pres,sub,eq
index   uid pres,sub,eq
index   uidNumber pres,eq
index   gidNumber pres,eq
index   cn pres,sub,eq
index   sn pres,sub,eq
index   objectClass pres,eq

I guess the system is just really busy...

Hi Scott,

That might be possible, but I'd like to note that our LDAP servers doing mail queries run at a load of 0.24, even though they are each receiving several hundred thousand queries a day (always several open a second).

What version of OpenLDAP are you using?

Also, please don't email me directly -- Keep it on the list.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html