[Date Prev][Date Next]
explaining LDAP and TLS
- To: OpenLDAP <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: explaining LDAP and TLS
- From: Laurent Mesuré <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:01:49 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; fr-FR; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113
I am not sure to understand TLS completly:
- TLS is a secure layer or not? i.e.: when i connect on my LDAP using
TLS : I connect on port 389, the server verify my certificates and then
the link is established. But are the flow of datas crypted or not? dos
all information in the connection flow in clear text?
Or does i use both TLS and SSL (so i connect only on port 636 ) ?
TLS work only on port 389 isn t it?