any distributed installations in uk?

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has deployed a large distributed
installation of OpenLDAP in the uk.

We are looking to build a directory system to replace and extend an old
database system. It is expected to be a convergence of HR, whitepages
and possibly authentication and mail directories. We would like to be
able to discuss issues, pitfalls, problems, workarounds etc.

I have experience of installing local authentication directories, I am
interested in the way that this will scale to an institute-wide
distributed service.

If anyone has done this and is willing to field questions and hopefully
demo their system to a bunch of techies from NERC, please contact me.
--
Greg Matthews
iTSS Wallingford	01491 692445