Re: ACL the 3rd try...

tir, 29.06.2004 kl. 17.13 skrev Pierangelo Masarati:
[...]

> More sane ACLs would look like:
>
> ## let users read userPassword in order to Auth
> access to dn.subtree="ou=produktion,o=adressbuch,dc=abmas,dc=biz"
>         attr=userPassword
>     by self =xw
>     by anonymous auth

... by * none

> ## Allow Manager to write everything under production.
> ## Allow self to write
> ## rest read access
> access to dn.subtree="ou=produktion,o=adressbuch,dc=abmas,dc=biz"
>     by self write
>     by * read

I've found (recent OL versions) that I have to give write permission to
the root dn as well as the subtree (a separate ACL) to be able to write.

--Tonni

--

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl