solaris 8 client can't contact openldap server

I've followed the steps in
to setup solaris 8 to authenticate to openldap server.

but /usr/bin/listusers only lists the users in

when I do ldapsearch, I got:
ldap_simple_bind_s: can't contact ldap server
but pinging the server works

Anybody can help me to solve this problem ?

Btw I'm using native ldap, without TLS/SSL ( will
include this after the basic works)

La vie, voyez-vous, ca n'est jamais si bon ni si mauvais qu'on croit
                                                                        - Guy de Maupassant -

Do You Yahoo!?