solaris 8 client can't contact openldap server

Hello,

I've followed the steps in
http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/configuringsolaris.html
to setup solaris 8 to authenticate to openldap server.

but /usr/bin/listusers only lists the users in
/etc/passwd.

when I do ldapsearch, I got:
ldap_simple_bind_s: can't contact ldap server
but pinging the server works

Anybody can help me to solve this problem ?

Btw I'm using native ldap, without TLS/SSL ( will
include this after the basic works)

-lara-

=====