Re: Could not create LDAP session handle (3): Time limit exceeded

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Friday, June 25, 2004 12:57 PM +0930 Tim Seeley
> <tim.seeley@infoeng.flinders.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > I am using OpenLDAP 2.1.21  Is it possible that this is the problem?  I
> > think it's more likely that I'm just doing something incorrectly with the
> > URI format.  I would be much obliged if somebody could point out my error.
>
> Using OL 2.1.21 is indeed a problem.  There have been tons of bugfixes
> since then along the 2.1 line, and even more going into the 2.2 line.  Any
> reasonable answer is going to ask you to upgrade to a supported version
> first.  I suggest 2.2.13 or 2.2.14.

If this is the case, 2.2.14 is broken as well. I do not think search base
is meant to be passed along with URI to ldap_initialize().  The error in
2.1.21 is misleading and wrong (bug?);  2.2.14 says
'ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)', when uri
is invalid (-H lda//), the server returns "Could not create LDAP session
handle (3): Time limit exceeded".  I would expect 'Invalid URI' or similar
in both cases.

--
Igor