Readable but not searchable?

First of all, I wanted to take a moment to say that y'all are one of the
most helpful group of people I have ever worked with.  Rarely am I on
mailing lists where I get prompt, accurate, and friendly answers all the
time!  =)  Many thanks to everyone!

So, I have a container, ou=private,ou=printers,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
Ideally, what I would like to happen is for it to be impossible to do
something like:
-b ou=private,ou=printers,dc=ncsu,dc=edu '(printer-name=*)'

instead, one would have to know the exact printer-name to look it up.

visa versa, there is a ou=public,ou=printers,dc=ncsu,dc=edu that is
perfectly fine to query with an * to get the list of all available public
printers.  Basically, private printers are "hidden" via "security through,
if you don't know it's there, you can't print to it".  ;)  Is this
possible?  I have not been able to find a way to restrict searches, but
allow direct queries.  Maybe it just isn't possible?  Thanks!

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /