Re: Fatal error: Cannot map library libdb-4.2.so

--On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 3:51 PM +0100 Jorge Ruão <jruao@fe.up.pt> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed sucessfully, openldap 2.2.13 in a Tru64 UNIX v5.1b,
along with BerkeleyDB 4.2.
But when I try to run slapd, i'm allways getting the following error:
"48320:./slapd: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: Cannot map library
libdb-4.2.so"

I'm not familiar with Tru64, but at a guess, I would say that slapd can't find your libdb-4.2.so library. You may have to check the LD_RUN_PATH that slapd uses.

On most unixes, you can tell if a binary can find its libraries or not with the "ldd" command,

i.e.,

"ldd slapd"

If it says it cannot find any of the various libraries, you need to set the LD_RUN_PATH variable before starting slapd.

something like:

LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/bdb-4.2.52/lib

etc

--Quanah