Re: Fatal error: Cannot map library libdb-4.2.so

--On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 3:51 PM +0100 Jorge Ruão <jruao@fe.up.pt> wrote:

I have installed sucessfully, openldap 2.2.13 in a Tru64 UNIX v5.1b,
along with BerkeleyDB 4.2.
But when I try to run slapd, i'm allways getting the following error:
"48320:./slapd: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error: Cannot map library

I'm not familiar with Tru64, but at a guess, I would say that slapd can't find your libdb-4.2.so library. You may have to check the LD_RUN_PATH that slapd uses.

On most unixes, you can tell if a binary can find its libraries or not with the "ldd" command,

"ldd slapd"

If it says it cannot find any of the various libraries, you need to set the LD_RUN_PATH variable before starting slapd.

something like:

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services