Re: Manage own LDAP Address book entry

> After checking out slapd.access(5), you can write rules like so:
> # after guarding your userPasswords and other data...
> # this rule allows the user to modify him or herself
> access to dc.subtree="ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"
>    by self write
>    by * read
When i try to use the rule, i get this error which i could not solve yet:
/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 83: expecting <what> got "dc"

Please let me know if thats correct here:
To log in as a user from Evolution, i use the "Login Method: Using Email
The mail and userPassword can be found in
So i guess evolution is automatically querying for mail and userPassword in
order to auth, correct?

Thanks, Mario