Re: A few contradictions

Oliver Hoffmann wrote:
Next I switched to FreeBSD. I had to experience a similar problem. configure said:
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

I installed (via ports and tar-balls) several BerkleyDB-versions. All without success. I found this:
env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib ./configure --enable-ldbm --prefix=/usr/local/openldap-2.1.22 --enable-monitor

Nothing. How is it possible to get the configure script pleased and finally compile everything?

Your question is not related to OpenLDAP per se, it is related to your OS's methods for installing OpenLDAP.

The message above suggests you're not using a recent version of the FreeBSD openldap port, because it mentions OpenLDAP 2.1.22. Please refresh your FreeBSD ports repository via http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html ; you can base your cvsup file on /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile .

After refreshing, you should be able to go to "/usr/ports/net/openldap21" or "/usr/ports/net/openldap22" and type "make install".

           John Borwick
       Systems Administrator
      Wake Forest University | web  http://www.wfu.edu/~borwicjh
      Winston-Salem, NC, USA | GPG key ID               56D60872