Re: caching magic

--On Friday, June 18, 2004 7:18 AM +0200 Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

tor, 17.06.2004 kl. 22.47 skrev Howard Chu:

>>> From my slapd.conf:
>>
>> database    bdb
>> shm_key     5

> This can go in DB_CONFIG:
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/api_c/env_set_shm_key.html

No, that alone is not enough. If it were enough by itself, I would never
have added this code to back-bdb. You also need to set the DB_SYSTEM_MEM
flag when creating the environment, and this flag cannot be set in
DB_CONFIG. Using the shm_key keyword tells back-bdb the key *and* tells
it to set the flag when creating the environment.

Could you please indicate where setting DB_SYSTEM_MEM and any other similar environment parameters is documented? Wish to read up on it :)

I would search for it on sleepycat's website, since it is a BDB thing.

<http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/api_c/env_open.html#DB_SYSTEM_MEM>

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount