Re: 8 hours tests ends with inconsistent DB.

Hello Quanah,

 I totally agree with you on the same. Infact this is
the norm for all the performance tests carried out by
us for any system under test.

 We started out with 1 Lakh records and are still at
one lakh since the god damn thing manages to go down
at the drop of a hat.

 I just ended an 8 hour test on my HP DL580 G1
4cpu-4Gb machine for 200 users with think time.
Writes/s are 28 but the server aborted with the same
malloc error as in yesterdays overnite test.

 Qunanh.....all said and done unless this setup can
scale atleast for 1 Lakh users i can't recommend it
for my setups across 50 countries across the world.
More importantly i am very interested ni seeing Open
Source scale.

 I humbly hope my feedback is helping developers
understand issues and scale the app by elimnation of
the code bottlenecks as soon as possible.

 BTW: My aim was to get to 50million users...:D. Its
one of the largest systems worldwide we would have
ever built if we ever did.

Trevor
--- Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> --On Wednesday, June 09, 2004 9:32 PM -0700 Trevor
> Warren
> <trevorwarren@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Fellas,
> >
> >  Here are the results of the 8 hour tests.
> > Unfortunartely there is both good and bad news.
>
> Have you considered doing incrementally size
> increasing tests?
>
> IE, load your directory with 200k entries, and then
> run your tests.
>
> Try again with 500k
>
> Then 1 mil
>
> Then 10 mil
>
> etc..
>
> This could give you some strong data points as to
> how OpenLDAP performs at
> particular stages, and may also help you define the
> point at which you are
> hitting your resource limitations.
>
> --Quanah
>
> --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Developer
> ITSS/Shared Services
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html

=====
|  \) /    Scaling FLOSS in the Enterprise   \ (/ |
|_|_  \        trevorwarren@yahoo.com        / _|_|