Re: Trouble with Authenticating...

--On Wednesday, June 09, 2004 8:22 PM -0500 Ben Bargabus <ben_b@ppdonline.com> wrote:

Hello,
I'm writing a program using the OpenLDAP libraries and everything seemed
to be going along just fine until I attempted authenticate.  I'm using
the following...

	if (ldap_simple_bind_s(ld, "CN=Bob Smith", "Password") != LDAP_SUCCESS
)
	{
		printf("Unable to bind to server.\n");
		exit(3);
	}

And of course it results in an "Unable to bind to server" message.  If I
use the ldapsearch program that ships with OpenLDAP and return the
record for Bob Smith it lists that account's DN as "CN=Bob Smith".  I'm
using the correct password, what am I missing?  Does Domino use another
format for the DN and is lying to me in the results of ldapsearch?  Can
I trust the results of ldapsearch for anything?  Any advice is much
appreciated.
Thanks,

I'd grab the error message coming back and see why the bind failed.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer