[Date Prev][Date Next]
Integer syntax and ordering rule in OpenLDAP 2.0.x and 2.1.x
- To: openldap-software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Integer syntax and ordering rule in OpenLDAP 2.0.x and 2.1.x
- From: Sergio Andreozzi <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:19:26 +0200
- Organization: INFN-CNAF
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113
I'm working with an OpenLDAP-based product relying on version 2.0.22
(Globus MDS). For this, I've implemented a schema that uses the
following integer definition when needed:
attributetype ( 184.108.40.206.4.1.35220.127.116.11.1
Since, in OpenLDAP 2.0.x there is no implementation for
integerOrderingMatch ordering rule, the Globus proposal is to use the
caseIgnoreOrderingMatch and this seems to work fine.
Now I've to deal with a mixed system where 2.0.x and 2.1.x openldap
versions have to coexist. The problem I'm facing is that the integer
definition works for the first, but not for the second, therefore I
cannot distribute the same schema.
The error that I get when loading the schema in the 2.1.x version is
-> AttributeType inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreOrderingMatch"
If I change the ordering rule to integerOrderingMatch, it works for the
second, but not for the first.
My question is:
1. can you recommend any integer definition with ordering support that
works for both OpenLDAP 2.0.x and 2.1.x versions?
2. if this is not possible, what does happen if I distribute two
different versions for the schema, one for OpenLDAP 2.0.x and another
one for OpenLDAP 2.1.x?
3. there is a simple patch for OpenLDAP 2.0.22 that introduces the
support for integerOrderingMatch? I guess something from
1. the RFC 2252 defines a set of core attribute syntax and matching
rules, among these for inequality filters like ordering, there is the
it seems that this does not define any matching rules for integers
2. the RFC 3698 introduces the integerOrderingMatch matching rule and
this is implemented in the openldap 2.1.*
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare - CNAF
Viale Berti Pichat, 6/2
Tel +39 051 609 2860
Fax +39 051 609 2746
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org