RE: loading of 1 million records usign slapadd takes forever

tor, 03.06.2004 kl. 16.59 skrev Armbrust, Daniel C.:

> I use these two flags in my DB_CONFIG file to disable logging during
> large loads:
> set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
> set_flags DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE
> This only works with berkeley based backends, and recent versions of
> berkeley, I believe.  Probably should read the berkeley documentation
> on these flags....

You *have* to read the Berkeley documentation to be able to work with
BDB at all. Also, Quanah's Stanford doco is sine qua non.

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl