Re: scaling openldap for performance

Morning Gibson,

--- Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:
> What version of OpenLDAP are you using?

 The latest, 2.2.11.

> What database backend are you using?

 back-bdb. Do you suggest any other method for scaling
to 30million users with significant updates/sec.

> What version of the database backend are you using?

 berkeley 4.2.52

> Does it have all
> applicable patches?

 There just seem to be 2 patches available for the
same wrt:

 > Long running apps hanging
 > Replication locks.
 Our test scenario goes for a toss wrt 20 users  in a
15mins test. Now would you call that long??.

> Is your database backend configured via its
> configuration mechanisms?

 Neh...am gonna be looking at that too. You have any
pointers on where to start reading up please?.

 Thanks in advance and take care. Will be in touch.

> --Quanah

|  \) /    Scaling FLOSS in the Enterprise   \ (/ |
|_|_  \        trevorwarren@yahoo.com        / _|_|

Do you Yahoo!?