[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: Install failure on AIX of openldap-2.1.30
- To: "Donn Cave" <email@example.com>, <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: Install failure on AIX of openldap-2.1.30
- From: "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Bennett.Tony@cnf.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:36:31 -0700
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcRJr3y0njBSWEU4Toe71geFMfzAkwAkU4qA
- Thread-topic: Install failure on AIX of openldap-2.1.30
Thanks for the suggestions...
...I have now successfully built and installed openldap 2.1.30
on aix 5.1 with the following configure:
./configure --with-cyrus-sasl \
I now have a run-time problem, but I'll open another thread
Thanks also to Kyle Chapman for his suggestion.
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Donn Cave
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: Install failure on AIX of openldap-2.1.30
On Thursday, June 3, 2004, at 12:41 PM, Bennett, Tony - CNF wrote:
> I just downloaded, configured, made, and installed 2.1.30.
> It appears that libtool is not correctly building executables, on AIX
> ./configure --with-cyrus-sasl \
> --enable-bdb \
If shared libraries aren't essential for some reason, I would
I actually do this for all platforms, but particularly on AIX that's going to avoid an extra set of problems that I have no interest in resolving. It may also be interesting, if you're more interested in it, to edit link commands from your log and re-issue them. Remove the usual duplicate liblber.a, for example, or any parameter that seems gratuitous or whose purpose is not obvious.
For what it's worth, I also --disable-ipv6, and I suppose you know that --with-kerberos isn't needed for GSSAPI-Kerberos SASL authentication.
Donn Cave, firstname.lastname@example.org