Broken paged results

Has anyone figured out any way to make paged results actually work?  I'm currently using OpenLdap 2.2.11 with Berkeley 4.2.52, and on most of my databases, I can't get paged results to work at all.

See ITS issue 3089.

I have a database I can provide that fails 100% of the time if someone who knows the paged result code wants to take a look at what is going on.

Just let me know where I should send the ldif and the schema files.

Even some pointers that you could give me as to where to start looking in the code would be helpful.

Below is an example of attempting to do a paged search with a page size of 1.

Thanks,

Dan

ldapsearch -b 'dc=concepts,codingScheme=ICD9,dc=codingSchemes,service=ICD9Service,dc=LexGrid,dc=org' -E
'!pr=1' -s sub -h localhost -p 31900
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=concepts,codingScheme=ICD9,dc=codingSchemes,service=ICD9Service,dc=LexGrid,dc=org> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
# with pagedResults critical control: size=1
#

# concepts, ICD9, codingSchemes, ICD9Service, LexGrid.org
dn: dc=concepts,codingScheme=ICD9,dc=codingSchemes,service=ICD9Service,dc=LexG
 rid,dc=org
objectClass: concepts
dc: concepts

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success
control: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.319 false MAsCAwDu6gQEDAAAAA==
Estimate entries: 61162
Press [size] Enter for the next {1|size} entries.

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=concepts,codingScheme=ICD9,dc=codingSchemes,service=ICD9Service,dc=LexGrid,dc=org> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
# with pagedResults critical control: size=1
#

# search result
search: 3
result: 2 Protocol error