OpenLDAP rewrite Engine

Hey guys,

I'm new to the list but not new to OpenLDAP.

I have got the following problem. I've got one program that
searches for specific email addresses the search looks like.

(&(mail=*user@foo.bar*)(cn=*user*))

The main problem that i have, is to get out the wildcards.
I decided to setup an OpenLDAP proxy with dc=foo,dc=org
Which points back to the suffix dc=foo,dc=bar.

My setup looks like this:

database        ldap
suffix              "dc=foo,dc=com"
lastmod         off
uri                  "ldap://127.0.0.1/";
rewriteEngine   on
rewriteContext  searchBase
rewriteRule     "(.*)dc=foo,dc=com" "%1dc=foo,dc=bar" ":"
rewriteContext  searchFilter
rewriteRule     ????

So far it is working. But could anyone of you guys tell me how
I can get out the wildcards with a rewriteRule?

Your help is realy appreciated, as I'm running out of time.

Cheers

Martin Walter