From: Pierangelo Masarati [mailto:ando@sys-net.it]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 11:55 AM
To: Hutchins, Mike
Cc: openLdap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: entryUUID and automagic generation of unique attributes

> Is this dependant on a particular version?
>
> Sorry to seem thick-headed, but I am buried to my neck in trying to
> arbitrarily spend money when we may not need to.
>
> If I query the directory, I do not see that attribute.

it's operational, you need to explicitly ask for it, i.e., by searching
for entryUUID, or for '+' (RFC3673) or '@extensibleObject'
(draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist; the draft uses '+' as objectClass prefix,
which is tolerated by current implementations but '@' is favored).

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it

    SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax:
+390382476497