[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: entryUUID and automagic generation of unique attributes
- To: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: entryUUID and automagic generation of unique attributes
- From: "Hutchins, Mike" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:24:25 -0600
- Cc: <openLdap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcREDvl40QaxkUyxRUec8utk0vK/+wAAEL2Q
- Thread-topic: entryUUID and automagic generation of unique attributes
Is this dependant on a particular version?
Sorry to seem thick-headed, but I am buried to my neck in trying to
arbitrarily spend money when we may not need to.
If I query the directory, I do not see that attribute.
From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:Kurt@OpenLDAP.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 10:35 AM
To: Hutchins, Mike
Subject: Re: entryUUID and automagic generation of unique attributes
At 08:48 AM 5/27/2004, Hutchins, Mike wrote:
>Well, I cannot find any information on entryUUID other than Kurt's ietf
>paper. Can anyone tell me if this generates a particular unique number
>upon object creation?
The draft pretty much covers it:
Servers SHALL assign a UUID to each entry upon its
addition to the directory and provide that UUID as
the value of the 'entryUUID' operational attribute.