Re: Best of SSL / TLS

At 07:38 AM 5/27/2004, Laurent Mesuré wrote:
>what is best to use: SSL or TLS?

SSL and TLS are two names for the same technology.
That is, SSLv3 == TLSv1.

Maybe you meant:
        what is best to use: ldaps:// or Start TLS

slapd(8) supports both mechanisms (ldaps:// and Start TLS) to
establish TLS (SSL) protections, what's "best" depends
(mostly factors which are not specific to OpenLDAP
Software).  I suggest you use Start TLS (as it is the
standard track mechanism) unless you have a good reason
to use ldaps:// (which I don't believe is even openly
specified).

Kurt