[Date Prev][Date Next]
Confirmation: connection state after LDAP_SERVER_DOWN
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Confirmation: connection state after LDAP_SERVER_DOWN
- From: Graham Leggett <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:26:26 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040514
I just need to confirm openldap's behaviour.
If a request (to init, bind or search) returns LDAP_SERVER_DOWN, what
state is the ldap handle in after this error has occurred?
Can the same operation be retried (with the init and bind happening
again automatically if the original server or backup server became
available again) as it is, or must the ldap handle be thrown away and a
new attempt made to init and bind to the server?
If the ldap handle must be thrown away, what is the correct procedure
for doing this? ldap_unbind_s()?