Re: running slapindex doesnt work

--On Wednesday, May 19, 2004 8:30 PM -0700 Ping Wing <z1ngsz0ng@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi.

I have openldap 2.0.23 with samba3 and qmail schemas.

OpenLDAP 2.0.23 has reach end of life, and is not generally supported. I suggest you investigate upgrading to a new version of OpenLDAP, which fix many problems over the 2.0 line. Note that this is a major piece of work to do, but is well worth the effort.

The only real thing I would suggest doing in your case is slapcat your DB to an LDIF file, delete your old DB, and then slapadd the LDIF file back in. I never use slapindex myself.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer