OpenLDAP 2.2.10 locked up

Title: Message
Hello everyone,

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.2.10 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 3.0.  So far the results have always been good.  I've compiled against Heimdal 0.6 and BDB 4.2.52.

In the middle of the night, while doing a batch of adds, slapd seems to have locked up.  I can't query it and the slapadd is still sitting there in locked state.  When I do try to query the directory, I do see a connection operation logged in the ldap log on the server, but the nothing else after that, and no results on searches or adds or modifies.

For the moment, the server and client at both just sitting there.  I was wondering if anyone knew of somethings I might want to check to see if I can discover the problem.

CPU load is 0 on the server, and OpenLDAP seems to be consuming 350M of memory.  The DB_CONFIG is setup to create 2GB share.

The adds were all people and account entries.  They are all of similar format.  It successfully added several thousand before stopping in the J's and I see nothing particularly wrong with the entry its stuck on.  The log shows the ADD operation starting but nothing about its result.  The log also shows my ldap monitor being able to successfully query the directory for an hour or two after that (while that add was still locked)and then all I see is connect operations from the ldap monitor, but no binds or searchs, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Digant