RE: ActiveDirectory Connector...

That project hasn't had much activity since its inception in 2002. It looks
pretty dead.

Also, it looks unnecessary. You don't need to install any special server on a
Windows box to sync accounts to it from a foreign LDAP server. All you need
is regular LDAP operations, and a mapping from your LDAP server's schema to
the Microsoft schema.

> I also saw this on sourceforge which allows two way syncing
> with OL and AD.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/acctsync/
> It uses an OL windows binary on a domain controller as a replica. It
> uses OpenLDAP version 2.1.16. Will this version work with my
> production
> Debian boxes that use 2.1.23-1?

Both of those releases are fairly old. They are probably compatible to each
other, but you should probably check the CHANGES file to be sure.

  -- Howard Chu