Re: SLOW Performance: OpenLDAP on Linux and IBM Dual Xeon?

On 04/15/04 06:32, Buchan Milne wrote:
In fact, RHEL3 has yet to meet our performance targets (whereas RHEL2.1 with almost any openldap version on any database backend does).

Check your libc versions. We've had problems with Glibc 2.3.2 running WAY slow compared to 2.2.5. This seems to be tied to changes in the regexp(3) functions to support multibyte. If you issues are showing up doing substring searches, I bet you've got the bug too. See the thread in this list with the subject "OpenLDAP performance and Glibc under Debian". Hope this helps

Tony

--
Anthony L. Awtrey
Vice President

I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation
http://www.idealcorp.com

"The Leader in Linux and Open Source Solutions"