Re: Re[10]: OpenLDAP + pgSQL

Please don't write me personally on issues that involve the OpenLDAP
software list.

> Hello Pierangelo,
>
> Wednesday, May 12, 2004, 6:08:10 PM, you wrote:

>>> New script that openldap using slapd.sh in rc.d,
>
> PM> never heard of this script; where is it from?
> That's a new script openldap comes with and it is situated in ports.

I don't think so.  If you download any of the OpenLDAP software suites
from OpenLDAP's website or any of the mirrors, you'll see that there's
no slapd.sh script coming with them.  I'm pretty sure.  If you think
your problem is in there, you'll have to share that script with others.
In any case, it appears that you don't have a clear understanding of
what is happening to your system.

>>> when starting thru it
>>> in command i got:
>>> "
>>> This: not found
>>> Starting slapd.
>>> "
>>> But ldap doesn't start.
>
> PM> I have no clue
>
>>> When using /usr/local/libexec/slapd, I have no mistakes, exept:
>>> postgres[749]: [1-1] ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter
>>> "ksqo"
>
> PM> sounds like an erroneous parameter in some of the unixODBC
> configuration PM> files; again, I have no clue.
>

>>> But ldap still starts.
>
> PM> what does it mean?  If slapd is configured with back-sql, then it
> must PM> load the meta-schema from the RDBMS; if this happens, it
> means that PM> everything (or most of it) is working correctly.  If it
> does, can you PM> query it?
> PM> What does slapd log?
> Yes, I can query, but sometimes comes an error of "DN".

What type of error?  Can you provide an example, e.g., but cut'n'pasting
the error message and the command that caused it, and slapd's output on
standard error when run with -d -1?

> What log you need?

1) According to guidelines in
http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/978.html did you check if your
RDBMS is working?  Can you query it with psql?  Are all the tables
illustrated in the above FAQ filled with the appropriate data?

2) Can you manually start slapd with -d -1?  What's the output on standard
error?

3) If slapd starts, can you query it?  e.g. can you ldpasearch with base
set to your sql database suffix (again with -d -1, and provide the output
of slapd on standard error)?

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati