Re: index

Ping Wing wrote:
Hi.

I have openldap 2.0 server with whith quite high load.
In slapd.conf theres only one index directive:

index objectClass eq

now I added:
index uid eq
index mail eq
index mailAlternateAddress eq

but after that most courier/qmail queries get negative
response, wich leads to returned email and failed imap
logins.

Whats the catch, do I need somehow rebuild ldap
entries after i change index configuration?

Yes. slapindex(8). Stop slapd while you're doing it.

Dave
--
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, IT Services