Re: Slurpd can't start...

Thanks, I've found the copy in:

/usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/replica

strange why slurpd isn't maintaining the files in /etc/openldap/master-slapd.replog as specified in the replogfile entry in slapd.conf.

One last question regarding recplication: Right after the changes are made in the Master, slurpd tries to replicate them to the slaves, if a slave is down, slurpd won't replicate. After awhile I've put the slave up and some  minutes after that (i can't precise how many) slurpd has replicated the changes to the slave. How does slurpd acts when the slave is down? He keeps trying from minute to minute until the slave is up???

Thanks,
Jorge Ruão

Luca Scamoni wrote:
find / -name slurpd.replog

slurpd makes a copy of the replogfile before replicating.

man slurpd (especially the -t option)

Jorge Ruão disse:

Actually it works with uri=ldap://apollo.fe.up.pt, but after a little
research i found that the slurpd that was starting was from an older
OpenLDAP version, a little shortcut bug for my part sorry :(.
I've cleaned it up and the slurpd is starting ok with replica
uri=ldaps://apollo.fe.up.pt:636, but it brings me back to the original
problem:
"when I make changes to the LDAP directory entries, the
/etc/openldap/master-slapd.replog and
/etc/openldap/master-slapd.replog.lock files are generated but are empty
files... with 0 length"...
The strange is that all changes made in the master are being replicated
to the slave by slurpd (I can see the changes being sent by the master
with the debug option: -d 1), but the replog files are allways empty...
Shouldn't the replog files store the master changes, even after they are
transmitted to the slaves???

Hope u can elucidate me,
Thanks,
Jorge Ruão

  Jorge Ruão wrote:

    Hi,

I'm working with OpenLDAP 2.2.11 now in a Slackware 9.1 machine.
I've set the replica lines in slapd.conf with an uri as suggested. It's
done like:
backend         bdb
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=fe,dc=up,dc=pt"
rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=fe,dc=up,dc=pt"
rootpw          {CRYPT}...
readonly        off
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data

replica uri=ldaps://apollo.fe.up.pt:636

just to debug the problem, it works if you put something
like this:

replica uri=ldap://apollo.fe.up.pt

note the lack of "s" in the protocol and the port.

            binddn="uid=updatedn,ou=admins,dc=fe,dc=up,dc=pt"
        bindmethod=simple credentials=secret
replogfile      /etc/openldap/master-slapd.replog

But every time I start SLURPD i'm still getting the error:

Error: parse_replica_line: unknown keyword
"uri=ldaps://apollo.fe.up.pt:636" Error: Malformed "replica" line in
slapd config file, line 78
Warning: failed to add replica "(null):0 - ignoring replica
Warning: unknown replica 192.168.53.83:636 found in replication log
Warning: unknown replica apollo.fe.up.pt:636 found in replication log
Warning: unknown replica apollo.fe.up.pt:389 found in replication log

I need to use URI because i'm working with ssl through port 636, but if
i use HOST instead of URI i'm not getting this parse error....

Any help would be gratefull, thanks
Jorge Ruão