Re: slurpd blocking updates

--On Tuesday, May 11, 2004 3:52 PM -0400 Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

Today at 10:50am, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

So,

I am again seeing slurpd failing to update replica's under 2.2.11.  Is
anyone else seeing this?

I am seeing the same problem with slurpd, but on 2.1.29... given the lack of development for slurpd, I wonder if it could be the same problem. I have not determined any reason (nothing is logged) for why it stops doing the updates.

I have written a perl script that I run every 10 minutes on my master
server to make sure slurpd is not falling too far behind.  I'll share it
if you (or anyone) is interested.

Well, it would look like to me then that this problem was introduced between 2.2.6 and 2.2.11, and 2.1.25 and 2.1.29, since I have not had any problems on those earlier version, and I know changes were made to slurpd since then. Perhaps the out-of-order fix to slurpd impacted it, I know that was a major bug fix...

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer