Re: slurpd blocking updates

> So,
>
> I am again seeing slurpd failing to update replica's under 2.2.11.  Is
> anyone else seeing this?
>
> cat slurpd.status
> ldap-test3.stanford.edu:389:1084275253:0
> ldap-test2.stanford.edu:389:1084147011:0
> ldap-test1.stanford.edu:389:1084275253:0
>
> slurpd has failed to even talk to ldap-test2 since May 9th, yet it
> updates  ldap-test1 and ldap-test3 regularly.  ldap-test2 is fully
> responsive to  queries, and slapd is restarted on all systems daily.
> slurpd is restarted  on the master daily.

I think I've seen something similar recently: I started a master, a slave
and slurpd simultaneously; the I added an entire database via ldapadd (few
hundreds of entries); the master was populated correctly, and slurpd moved
the master's replog into its, but the slave didn't receive anything.  As
soon as I noticed it (few minutes later), I restarted everything, and the
replication occurred instantaneously.  I was using HEAD with bdb on both
servers, so it's not that different from 2.2.11.  I couldn't reproduce it,
so I really have no clue.   Since I was trying to quickly improvise
something totally unrelated (playing with Samba 3 as BDC acting on a
couple of slave/master DSA), I'm not even sure I did everything correctly
from the beginning.  I'll keep my eyes open to see if anything similar
occurs.

Can you suggest guidelines (at least hints) to modify test006 in order to
try to induce your problem?

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati