Re: OpenLDAP 2.1 (?) on RedHat Enterprise summary

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Sunday, May 09, 2004 8:28 PM +0200 Buchan Milne
> <bgmilne@obsidian.co.za> wrote:
> >> e.g. I assume the same underlying database was used, and the
> >> same indexing was present, and there was no extra load on the
> >> machine, and the cache size was the same in both cases, and
> >> the same cache initial status was obtained.
> >
> > Yep, and the same database files themselves were used too.
> Same database files as in bdb files, or same database files, as in both
> systems were loaded from the same LDIF file?

Initially, I did imports of three different databases (two artificial ones
generated by DirectoryMark, one an LDIF dumpfrom a production system with
somemassaging to be schema compliant) on the three backend/db library
combinatins (ldbm/gdbm,ldbm/berkeley,bdb), indexed them, checkpointed them
(in the case of bdb), and tarred them up.

They are tested as they come out of the tarball (no slapindex or other
changes etc).