[Date Prev][Date Next]
Client - Server Authentication Using Certificates
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Client - Server Authentication Using Certificates
- From: Laurence <Laurence.Field@cern.ch>
- Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 18:36:05 +0200
- Keywords: CERN SpamKiller Note: -50 Charset: west-latin
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1
I am looking into weather it is possible to do mutual client server
authentication with LDAP using certificates generated from openssl and I
have a few questions.
The server side of things seams fine. What I would like to know is would
it be possible to use a certificate for the client to authenticate
itself with the server.
I have been through the openLDAP documentation and I can't seem to find
any way to configure the client to use certificates. All I can find is
that the client authenticates its self with a dn and password.
If this is possible, some pointers on how to configure the client side
would be most appreciated.