Antwort: Re: Can't get unlimited number of results when soft limit != none, and hard limit = none. [Virus checked]

>> Somewhat surprisingly, I found out that I can't explicitely ask for
>> "-1" or "unlimited" number of results with such a setup. Asking for
>> 10000 or 100000 entries is OK, but asking for limit of "-1", "0" or
>> "none" returns the soft limit number of entries. (Tested with
>> ldapsearch and perl net::ldap)
>>
>> Is this a bug, or a feature?

>version?

2.1.25

Yes I know this is a bit outdated now. :-)
This is what I have in slapd.conf:

        limits users size.soft=500 size.hard=none

It works as expected, except in one detail: client can't explicitely ask for unlimited number of results.
Not such a big deal for me, but I think it's nevertheless a bug - could you check if this was fixed in newer OL versions?

thx
        Denis