Re: Can't get unlimited number of results when soft limit != none, and hard limit = none.

--On Wednesday, April 28, 2004 7:26 PM +0200 denis.havlik@t-mobile.at wrote:

I thought that setting a soft limit to "N" and hard limit to "none" would allow me to explicitely request a return of "unlimited" number of results if I really want to, while keeping the result sets smaller in normal use.

Somewhat surprisingly, I found out that I can't explicitely ask for "-1"
or "unlimited" number of results with such a setup. Asking for 10000 or
100000 entries is OK, but asking for limit of "-1", "0" or "none" returns
the soft limit number of entries. (Tested with ldapsearch and perl
net::ldap)

Is this a bug, or a feature?

I have a limit of -1 in 2.2, and it works correctly for my admin group.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer