Re: syncrepl doesn't copy entries

--On Monday, April 26, 2004 7:57 PM +0200 "José M. Fandiño" <ldap@fadesa.es> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Friday, April 23, 2004 3:10 PM +0200 "José M. Fandiño" <ldap@fadesa.es> wrote:

> well, I downgraded to 2.2.10 and it doesn't copy
> entries from the provider DIT yet.
>
> If I understand the admin guide correctly, all I need to
> configure the provider slapd is to add "sessionlog 22 100"
> to the database definition. After of the first contact
> an entry bellow the base DN with an objectclass
> "syncProviderSubentry" will be automatically created,
> and indeed slapd create the entry:

I've never done it that way... I've always done it at slapadd time
slave).

I don't understand that sequence (slapadd ... slapcat .. slapadd) why do you add two times the ldif file?

Once on the master, having the ldapsync entry created (slapadd -p -w -l <ldif>), once on the consumer, using the slapadd to promote it (slapadd -r -l <ldif>).

Then I know the two systems are exactly synch'd.

I'm having my own issues with syncrepl ATM (doing updates to the master never complete, and the database ends up in a dubious state).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer