Re: 'Access to' directives for RDBMs-LDAP model mapping

> --On Monday, April 26, 2004 5:31 PM +0200 Pierangelo Masarati
> <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:
>

>>> I'm also wondering how a user can bind to the
>>> directory using only its
>>> "cn" and "userPassword", without having to enter all
>>> the "dn" info, so
>>> Bind DN could be just "joe.user@hipergate.org".
>>
>> use SASL.  See Admin guide for details.  See sasl-regexp
>> (will become authz-regexp) for determinig how to map
>> user identity into a DN.
>
> Except that he wants to use mozilla and outlook, which AFAIK do not
> support  SASL.

Then, have a look at slapd-meta(5) at the rewrite examples
about binding with something different from a DN (except
it must have a valid DN syntax, e.g. "cn=your name", or
"uid=yourid").  It can be implemented with either back-meta
or back-ldap, but it's not something I would recommend.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it