Re: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: server side sorting & paging? [Virus checked]

denis.havlik@t-mobile.at wrote:

I do use google a lot though, and I could imagine other apps where zilions of results are returned, and I want to sort them by some criteria and give the user a page of results a time back.

Well, usage of Google is a good example where the user usually refines it's search criteria after reading the second page of search results. IMHO most normal people are not browsing through search result sets larger than 10 items.

BTW: There were never complaints about the pretty ugly unsorted fake paging feature in web2ldap. Guess no one is flipping through the search results.

Well, on the other hand a telephone book is something ordered and people might be used to have ordered search results when using an electronic white pages service. But this should be examined before implementing server-side sorting which puts heavy load on the server if used by many people.

Ciao, Michael.