AutoFS, GSSAPI, LDAPv3

Hi,
I have implemented an LDAPv3 (Kerberos(GSSAPI), TLS, Cyrus-SASL, and
OpenLDAP) server which is used for user validation/authentication and
for automounting of NFS filesystems. To allow autofs 3.1.7 access to the
LDAP database I was forced to add

allow bind_v2 bind_anon_dn

to my slapd.conf file. However, I was wondering if there is a way to set
up LDAP so I can remove this allow statement and still have autofs able
to access the automount information stored in the directory. I do have
ACLs set up but I would rather not depend upon the ACLs alone to prevent
unauthorized access to the information stored in the LDAP directory.

If it is possible please let me know how.

Thanks